Dukan Diet Stabilisation Phase
The fourth and final stage of the Dukan diet and if you have reached the stabilisation phase then you have reached your goal weight and successfully completed the consolidation phase. Once you have completed the first three stages you need to keep in mind that you will want to change your lifestyle habits to suit the new you. Although you can basically go back to eating normally again, you don’t want to go back to how you were before, so it is important to continue to try and eat healthy foods and keep your weight off.
As you have stuck to your diet well for this length of time though, it is wise not to get back into the habit of eating junk food. Sure it’s ok occasionally, but it can be easy to slide back into the old way of eating.
If at any stage you are at threat of regaining your weight then go back to the basic rules of the consolidation phase:
- eat unlimited protein and vegetables
- eat one piece of fruit per day
- eat two slices of wholemeal bread per day
- a portion of cheese a day
- two starchy foods a week
- two celebration meals a week
Other Stabilisation Rules
- Choose one day a week where you can a complete protein only day. For example, if you choose Thurdays, then every Thursday make sure you eat nothing but the protein foods from the attack phase. This is the key to keeping the weight off and being able to eat normally on the other six days of the week.
- Drink at least two litres of water a day.
- Exercise daily – a minimum of 20 minutes brisk walk a day
- Have three tablespoons of oat bran a day.
These rules need to be followed every day for the rest of your life and if you can include these things into your lifestyle then you have a great chance of keeping your weight of and maintaining a healthy weight. Dieting is not always easy but if you can get through the first three stages and then only need to take these few steps for the remainder of your life, it isn’t really that hard. After all, many people can loose weight but the problem lies in keeping it off and these steps will help you to do that.