What can I say, I love mushrooms!
I didn’t know what I wanted for lunch today and I’d already had egg so I didn’t want to eat more egg. I didn’t feel like tuna again so I just didn’t know what to have. I thought I might have a salad and as I looked in the fridge and saw mushrooms sitting there I thought perhaps I could do something better with the mushrooms. So this is what I did…….
- 3 or 4 reasonable size mushrooms
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tblspn chopped red capsicum (pepper)
- a couple of slices of ham chopped
- a couple of cherry tomatoes sliced
- a few baby spinach leaves chopped
- 1 tblspn philidelphia light cream cheese
- one light baby belle cheese
- a couple extra cherry tomatoes sliced
Spray non stick frying pan with a light oil, then saute the chopped onion, garlic and capsicum. Add the ham and cherry tomatoes and fry for another minute. Add the baby spinach leaves and fry for another 20 to 30 seconds until the leaves have wilted.
Pour this mixture into a small bowl and mix the philidelphia cream cheese through it.
Talk the stalks out of the mushrooms so you are left with a hollow to fill. Fill each mushroom with the above mixture and then sprinkle a little bit of grated light baby belle cheese.
Put the mushrooms under the grill for a minute or two until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
Serve with the extra sliced cherry tomatoes.